Now:
This is it! I'm blogging! For twenty years people have been telling me to write a book. Why? Because I am the mother of 21 year old quadruplets, three girls and one boy. It's been a journey, a joyful, difficult, loving journey. I tried to write a book - several times - but I never knew quite how to pull it all together. Then I started to read the blogs of other moms of quadruplets - I got some ideas. I picked up the magazine, "Artful Blogging," and I got even more. So, I began to set up a blog. First, I checked with my husband and kids, and they all said, "Go for it!" They helped me choose names for both my blog web address and my blog. I added a photo. Then, I did nothing - nothing - for a few days, but I kept hearing, "Go for it!" which reminded me of then ...
Then:
It was February of 1988. My husband, Gary and I had been trying to conceive for four years with absolutely no luck. I had taken the fertility drug, Clomid, for three months - nothing. The next fertility drug was Pergonal, but this one was known for the possibility of resulting in multiples. Gary and I sat at our kitchen table with a newspaper article laying in front of us. This newspaper article was about someone whom my husband had known in high school. She had just given birth to quadruplets - two boys and two girls. We sat there fully realizing that this could happen to us. I turned to my husband and asked, "What should we do, adopt one, or go for the four?" He replied, "Let's go for it. Let's go for the four." ...
Well, you know the result... exactly nine months later I gave birth to quadruplets. (They were six weeks early - it took a couple months until I conceived.) The concept of blogging is truly a gift to me, because now I am writing my book. The questions that have been running through my head for years - "Where do I start?" and "How do I organize it?" came to me through the gift of other bloggers. As I go through my day, little events that happen very often remind me of something that happened when my kids were growing up. I am going to record the event that is happening "now" and the memory of what happened "then." My hope is that my readers will laugh with me, cry with me, remember with me, or in some other way, be blessed.
May all your dreams come true,
Terry
I love your blog..welcome to the world of writing. Your beginning is very moving. Write everyday! I love you a bunch, this is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLovely! Keep writing. I want the whole book. It is beautiful. Love you very much.
ReplyDeleteI am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Your writing style is eloquent, revitalizing,and fairly interesting. Nearly every write-up which you create is gold.
ReplyDelete